Korea is a very famous country for its appearance and beauty. That is why its culture is refreshing and uniquely different. One of the most well-known forms of Korean culture is its traditional 마사지커뮤니티. Yet, there are a lot of types of massages that are set up throughout Korea, including those from various traditions. Below are some of the traditional and non-traditional style massages in Korea.
Traditional Massage in Korea
- It is the most famous type of massage in Korea. A traditional Korean full-body massage that usually lasts for 45minutes. This type of massage is usually provided by spa centers and spas in huge cities. That is more expensive than various types of massages.
- Korean Full-Body Massage
- The Korean Full Body Massage, also popular as a business trip massage. That has been practicing for many years in Korea. One or more therapists in this traditional massage work on one’s complete body. With the use of oil without any sheets or clothes covering the skin of the clients. If you’re searching for Korean massage therapy techniques for deep tissue work this is an ideal choice.
- Korean Foot Massage
- A traditional massage Korean therapy is foot massage. It can offer relief from pain in the neck, back, and pain. It can also improve mood and lessen stress. People usually visit foot spas to have it done or go to a friend’s house who provides this service. The Korean government even obliged that spas provide traditional Korean foot massage as part of their services.
- Korean Hand Massage
- Another traditional spot treatment is the Korean hand massage. That uses the hands to stimulate acupuncture points on the neck, face, and ear canals. This type of massage has a lot of health benefits like enhancing blood circulation and reducing stress. A lot of people view this type of massage as a refreshing way to treat minor pains and aches in their bodies. Without the need of visiting a spa or even buying costly beauty products.
Non-Traditional Massage in Korea
- Korea also has many unique styles and modernized styles like Swedish massage, Shiatzu, and Thai massage.
- Swedish Massage
- Swedish massage is a beneficial way to reduce pain and relieve tension. By freeing the release of endorphins. It also releases toxins from the body, enhances circulation, and increases body flow. Swedish massages for their therapeutic effects are useful for people with fibromyalgia. Arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, and headache/ migraines.
- A Japanese form of bodywork is the Shiatsu massage that uses the thumbs and fingers to apply pressure. To acupressure points on the exterior of the body. Acupressure points can be found along meridians. These are channels running through the body. The therapist will apply pressure to particular areas of your body at these acupressure points. Massage therapists execute this type of treatment by pressing with their palms, rubbing. Then roll your head between fingers and thumb. To release tension from your muscles and stimulate blood flow.
- Thai Massage
- Thai Massage started in Thailand and is based on the fundamentals that every part of the body has a meridian. Or energy points that need to use pressure to stimulate. The Thai viewpoint to massage promotes well-being and health, it also aims to balance these energies. This technique is mixed with deep muscle manipulation techniques. Such as assisted stretching, acupressure, traction, and friction with traditional Thai herbal medicine.
These are just some of the most popular massages you can try in Korea. There’s a lot of researches as well that shows how beneficial these massages are in the body.